Friday, April 4, 2008

Jonathan Update

Jonathan went to the doctor this morning for a follow up appointment. The doctor said overall everything looked good. He said the bone growth in the right leg was coming along really well, but he had hoped to see more bone growth in the left leg. The doctor said it will be about six months before J's pain really starts to go away (the answer to everything and our family moto for 2008...It is what it is). He also said he did not think Jonathan had enough hardware to beep at airports, but we won't know for sure until J flies again. Jonathan is bringing home copies of the X-Rays from his appointment today, so I'm anxious to see how it looks.

Jonathan is schedules for surgery on July 1st to have a few screws removed. Dr. Dickson will preform the outpatient procedure at Memorial Hermann that morning and J should be back at work the next day.

Things for our family are getting back to normal faster than I could have ever imagined. Jonathan is back at work doing everything he was before the accident. I know I've said it a hundred times, but we feel so incredibly blessed. I thank God every day for normal days and find myself thinking about all the people that are going through what our family went through. Anyways, please continue to keep Jonathan and his upcoming surgery in your prayers.

No comments: