Saturday, February 13, 2010

Danilo

Last week we decided to sponsor a child through Compassion International. My sister has sponsored a little boy for many years and I have always wanted to do the same, but I just kept forgetting to do it. I finally got my act together and picked out a little boy in the Philippines.

His name is Danilo. You get to pick the child you want to sponsor based on a picture and information about their background and life. I picked Danilo because he has been waiting over six months for a sponsor. He was also smiling in his picture, most were not, and I loved his name. He is 7 years old right now and the sponsorship goes until he is 22 years old. I am getting ready to mail our first letter to Danilo with a picture of our family. A translator with help him read our letter and then correspond back to us. I think this will definitely be a great learning opportunity for William and Logan when they get older.

Please check out Compassion's website if you are interested in helping a poor child in another part of the world. Your sponsorship provides the child with an education, food, medical and dental care, bible classes and much more.

http://www.compassion.com/

No comments: