Thursday, September 30, 2010

9 Months



Logan was 9 months old on Tuesday. Not a lot has changed since last month. He is still majorly teething. I'm pretty sure he is getting all of his teeth at once. He has about five coming in right now and already has four little chompers in the front. He has progressed to experimenting with cruising between furniture, standing by himself for a few seconds and climbing. He has also started saying Dada and Da-Dee. His favorite game is "Get You." It's pretty cute, he tries to crawl as fast as he can while we pretend to chase him, he laughs the whole time.

I took the boys to the pediatrician today for Logan's check up and flu shots. The nurse asked me if I had any questions or concerns and I answered with a very confident, no. I thought Logan was doing great, just some trouble with teething. Well...come to find out my mommy radar must be jammed AGAIN! Logan has another inflamed ear/possible ear infection, the doctor was a little concerned about his weight (10-25th percentile) and based on a survey I filled out his communication skills are a little behind. I've always thought that my pediatrician was a bit of an alarmist so after consulting with an expert...my sister...I felt a lot better. Here is what we came up with...

Ear Infection: The doctor left it up to me to decide if I wanted to give him antibiotics or wait it out. I went ahead and got the prescription filled to make sure Logan wouldn't be in any unnecessary pain.

Weight: He's a little guy, what can you do? Sign him up for gymnastics or karate some day? I force feed him bottles already to try and get the required minimum in and how do you put weight on someone who literally never stops moving!?!

Speech: I'm not worried about the communication issues, he knows what's going on and babbles all the time. When I tell him to "come here," he crawls the other way as fast as he can laughing at me. We both agreed that speech problems are not diagnosed until closer to 2 years old. But don't think I won't be in his face constantly saying mama, dada, baba, lala, haha, etc.

All joking aside, Logan is a really healthy guy and I am very thankful!! I just have to protect him from his big brother who tends to go overboard when it comes to tickling, wrestling and attempts at carrying Logan. Now that I think about it, William goes overboard in almost everything he does. Good Times!!!




2 comments:

Maryann said...

Little Logy is sooo cute!!

Summer said...

Ugh, Logan is sooo cute! I love that first picture of him. It's like he's being all still and precious until he can dart away from you! :)