Saturday, October 1, 2011

All's Well That Ends Well

We got a car yesterday!!! As I mentioned before, we were starting to get worried that we had been sucked into an insurance black hole. Originally, we just wanted our money back so we could go somewhere else to get a car. But I started to panic a bit! I told Jonathan to ask if the dealership would just credit our money towards another car on their lot and we could be on our way. The GM at the dealership was more than happy to sell us another car, as long as we signed something from the lawyers saying we wouldn't sue, talk badly, yada, yada, yada.

The first car they wanted to sell us was only 6 months old. He would have given us a fabulous deal on it BUT... I thought it was too flashy. Lets call a spade, a spade...I'm a suburban mom, not a rapper. Then he told us the guy who had owned the car only drove it for about a month before he had a stroke and died! Like this was a positive, which I get for most people that would be good news...I guess? We are way to skittish to be buying a car associated with death...know your audience guy. That's major bad juju in my book!! The second was a simple, silver Yukon that had been a demo for the head coach of TCU for about 6 months. SOLD!

I really love the car and plan on driving it until William goes to college some day. Best of all...no bad juju! After this experience, I don't want to get another car for a VERY long time.

No comments: