Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fire Awareness Day


Every week William and I go to Toddler Time at the Waco Public Library. It's actually a really great program and William LOVES it. We play, sing, read books, make crafts, etc. Well, yesterday was Fire Awareness Day. I use the term "Fire Awareness" very lightly. It was more like fire-hot, fire-no touch, fire-danger.

The highlight was when the firemen came to hand out hats and stickers and talk to the kids. Then all the kids went outside to climb on the firetruck. William was in heaven, I had to pry him off the back of the firetruck screaming. He insisted on wearing his hat in the car and most of the rest of the day. He wanted to sleep in it, but I had to draw the line somewhere.

I can now add firetrucks to his list of obsessions...cars, trains, mowing, throwing/hitting/kicking balls and firetrucks. At least he's into manly things!




1 comment:

Maryann said...

Tell William to be careful wearing that around Camryn...she is still saying "No Fireman" all the time after our visit to the fire station!