Saturday, January 22, 2011

I'm Back......

I guess I should of told everyone to check back mid January instead of mid December...oops. ;)

We survived the move to Allen! It was somewhat of a nightmare and super stressful, but by the grace of God (I'm not just saying that) we made it. Jonathan has been working like a dog, he is still managing Waco and getting started in Dallas. I know he feels pulled in many directions. We (me and the boys) handled most of the move and unpacking by ourselves. You should have seen me at the closing on our house in Waco...by myself with both boys and having to sign my name and Jonathan POA a bunch of times...it was classic. The holidays are really just a blur, so I will post a bunch of pictures when I get a chance. I came down with strep throat again a few weeks ago, this one was really painful. If you are keeping count, that is number 4 for me in less than a year. The doctor suggested that I go see an ENT specialist soon. Good times.

Enough doom and gloom, we really love our new house and new area. William's Mother's Day Out is wonderful and has been such a blessing. I asked him the other day if he missed his old school and he said yes. I then asked if he liked his new school and he said, it makes me really happy! I can't get over all of the shopping and things to do around our house. I haven't given Waco a second thought! We just joined a LifeTime fitness by our house which has been awesome. We were members of one when we lived in Houston and have really missed it. William is going to start swim lessons soon and he can't wait. It is such a blessing to have so many friends and family here in Dallas. I actually had plenty of family members to put down as emergency contacts for William's preschool! I am really looking forward to this next year. I know it will be a time of adjustment for all of us, but Allen is already starting to feel like home.

God has been so good to our family and I am thankful for our time in Waco. I think we all learned so much from that experience. It makes me laugh to think some day I will tell Logan...can you believe you were born in Waco! I know the boys are going to be like, what were you doing in Waco? I always felt like God put Waco in our path as a means to an end. I'm not sure if Dallas is that end or just the beginning of something else, but we will continue to be open to God's will, wherever that may take us!

Please check back soon for pictures and more updates on the past two months. If you are ever in the Allen area, please come see us!!

No comments: