Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ski Trip



We went to the condo in Beaver Creek a little over a week ago. My mom and Tom were sweet to come keep the kids for us and boy did they have their hands full... when we left Logan had RSV, an ear infection and fever spikes up to 102.8. The worst ice/snow storm in 25 years hit Dallas the night before we left. (It was a miracle we were able to get out of town at all) All of Dallas shut down for about 4 days, so they were stuck inside with the kids the whole time we were gone.

Colorado was a lot of fun, but really cold. Our first day there the temperature outside was -27 and that was at the base of the mountain. Jonathan and I decided to forgo skiing that day and went to a really great spa in Vail. I will take a day at the spa to skiing anytime! We skied the next two days, enjoyed a great meal at Beano's Cabin one night and I highly recommend going to see Phil play at The Red Lion in Vail.

When we got home William came running to the door with tears of joy in his eyes. Logan on the other hand wouldn't come to me or even look at me. I got in his face and he would just turn his cheek. I guess he was a little mad at us for leaving or just really confused. It didn't take him long to warm up and then he couldn't stop smiling at us and laughing. I can't wait until the boys are old enough to go skiing with us. I have so many happy memories of Beaver Creek as a kid, I hope to share those with William and Logan some day!






1 comment:

Lin Jeanis said...

Such a fun trip, and yes Phil made the trip! So glad the boys were happy to see ya'll when ya'll got home!