William has been asking a lot of detailed questions about the Easter Bunny lately. It all started a few weeks ago when he noticed the treat bag in the pantry was getting a little low...
William: Mommy, can I buy some treats at the store today?
Me: No, the Easter Bunny is coming soon and he will bring plenty of candy.
William: Easter Bunny? (he is just now getting to the point where he remembers holidays) Who is the Easter Bunny?
Me: He's this giant bunny rabbit that fills your Easter basket with candy and small presents. He also hides plastic eggs around the house with candy in them and we dye hard boiled eggs for the Easter bunny to hide outside. (It then hit me that I didn't mention the most important part of Easter...the Resurrection). But the main reason we celebrate Easter is because Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead to save us from sin.
William: Died? What is died? (he looked so confused)
Me: Um...just know Jesus loves you a lot.
Had I known William would ask so many questions about the Easter Bunny, I would have brushed up on my bunny folk lore. It's not like Santa where you know all the answers without even having to think about it. Although William did ask me what sound a reindeer makes and I didn't know that one, I think I made a honking noise. Here is our Easter bunny conversation from today...
William: When is the Easter Bunny coming?
Me: In a few weeks.
William: How big is he?
Me: Pretty big, he has to carry a lot of eggs.
William: How does he get in the house?
Me: Um....we leave the backdoor open for him.
William: How does he see in the dark? Does he carry a flashlight?
Me: Yes, he carries a big flashlight with him.
William: I want to see the Easter Bunny.
Me: You can't
William: Why?
Me: Because he's magical and he doesn't want you to see him
William: Does the Easter Bunny talk?
Me: Um...no, I don't think so?
William: Where does the Easter Bunny live, the North Pole?
Me: No...Umm....he lives in a beautiful meadow.
William: Lets get in the car and find it.
Me: Um...it's really far away.... and..... magical..... so..... no one can find it.
With that, I cut off the conversation. If you can't tell, I am a terrible lier! It just goes to show you that kids will believe anything. If anyone knows where the Easter Bunny lives, please share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment