While we were eating breakfast this morning, a cute little bunny rabbit hopped by the window. William got very excited so we quietly opened the blinds to get a better look at him. William then asked if we could open the backdoor and let him in. I, of course, said no...we do not let wild rabbits into the house. I then went on to tell William that the rabbit was probably sent by the Easter Bunny to check on him and Logan to make sure they were being good boys (like one of Santa's elves). William totally bought into it.
I asked William what he thought his name was. I threw out some obvious choices...BunBun, Jack, Hopper. William thought for a minute and said, "No Mommy, we will call him Rabbit Friend!" Rabbit Friend hung out by the window, eating our grass, for a good while. Then I let Logan out of his highchair and that was when Rabbit Friend made a brisk exit. We decided Rabbit Friend was going to the next house to check on some more kids. I let William go outside to sprinkle some cereal to entice Rabbit Friend back.
I'm not proud of it, but when William disobeyed this morning I threatened to go find Rabbit Friend to tell him. William told me Rabbit Friend was too fast and I wouldn't be able to catch up with him. So much for that, William went to Time Out instead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
William is so creative with his names and apparently too smart for his own good... he's right... there is no way you are catching up with a rabbit! :)
Post a Comment