Monday, December 5, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday William!


William turned 4 years old on November 20th. We celebrated with a Chuck E. Cheese birthday party. It was a big success and he had so much fun. He says he wants to have a Chuck E. Cheese party every year until he's 30 years old. I just nod and say o.k.

He got a clean bill of health from the pediatrician and seems to be right on target. The only bad news came when we went to his dental check-up. Turns out both of his front teeth are now dead due to a pretty bad fall when he was about 18 months old and one this summer. The dentist wants to pull both front teeth. I was really concerned when they told me he wouldn't get the new teeth in until he was 7 years old. That's 3 years without front teeth, yikes!! We are getting a second opinion on the teeth situation from our family dentist when we come to Houston before Christmas. Even if we could just wait another year, that would help.

William is really into superheroes, Cars 2 and guns. He is constantly pretending to shoot me with his fingers. Logan has caught on so there are continuous gun battles going on at our house. (not sure if I should be concerned) I'm not going to lie, it does feel good every once in awhile to fire back my imaginary bazooka or throw a few air grenades at them. They of course squeal with delight and it's game on!

Not much has changed with William over the last 4 years. He still loves people, loves life and is always having a good time. It warms my heart when I drop him off at school each week. It's like a scene out of Cheers. William stands at the front door (we are usually late) and all the little kids scream..."William!!" He gives a big grin and dances a little jig before walking in. We were late to Jonathan's Christmas party on Saturday night because we had to make a short appearance at Emma's birthday party. Her mom told me Emma would be devastated if William didn't come. How can you say no to that?

How dull and boring our lives would be without William. I never knew the definition of enthusiasm until I had him. I wish I knew what special plan God has for him because there is no way he will let such a sweet spirit and big personality go to waste!

No comments: