Wednesday, December 7, 2011

William Griswold

Jonathan doesn't get many trauma calls, but a few weeks ago he got called in on a Sunday. It turns out the guy broke his neck and back when he fell off a ladder trying to put Christmas lights on his house. To quote the doctor, "it's a lot cheaper to pay someone to put lights on your house than it is to break your neck." Needless to say, we hired someone to put lights on the roof this year.

Right before Thanksgiving we drove around our neighborhood trying to find someone to put lights on the house. We came across a sign in a yard for a Christmas light company. Perfect, right? Wrong! Jonathan called and they promptly told us that there was a $1000 minimum for the lights. We were floored! I said something along the lines of, "for a grand I want fireworks coming off the house every night...how crazy!" Then from the backseat William pipes up, "yeah, for that kind of money I want to see Santa up on the roof dancing with some bears!!" We died laughing.

I can just see William someday as a Christmas light designer standing in front of a house going, "O.K. This is my vision for your home this Christmas. I see a bunch of light, a Santa on the roof and some dancing bears. Christmas magic!"

1 comment:

vikileigh said...

Hilarious! Thanks for sharing!