We busted Jonathan out of TIRR for the day. You are suppose to get a day pass, which gives you clearance to go home with your insurance company. Well, we didn't have time to get one so we just told the nurses we were off for a long walk. Before you think we are rebels without a cause bucking the system, it's very common for patients to leave on the weekend without a pass. The nurses just have to play dumb so they don't get in trouble, even though they know exactly what you are doing.
We had a great day at home. Jonathan just wanted to do little things like check e-mail, nap in his own bed and watch his own T.V. He also wanted to sit outside in the sun, so I set up chairs on the driveway for us and brought the baby's bouncy seat out. I felt very white trash, but the backyard was all shaded and J wanted sun! It was especially sweet for me to have my husband back at home, if only for a little while. It was pretty sad when I had to take him back to TIRR, but he will be home no later than next Saturday. (I have a feeling it will be before then, he's getting around pretty good) We will know for sure when he's coming home on Tuesday morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment