(J and William on wheels!)
We went to visit Jonathan today at TIRR and I finally remembered to bring my camera, so I have included a few pics of J and the baby. He's getting pretty good with the wheelchair. Jonathan keeps trying to get his roommate, Reynolds, to race when they go down to therapy everyday. Well, Reynolds finally had enough and smoked Jonathan with his wheelchair one day. By the way, Reynolds is 66! Jonathan blames the loss on his wheels, he claims there is no traction which holds him back.
I am so in awe of all of the patients at TIRR. It's one of those places you never in a million years think you will end up. Jonathan met one guy who was severely injured in a motorcycle accident. He was in a coma for 10 days, it took a year before he could function on his own in an automatic wheelchair and now three years later he is still coming back to TIRR for outpatient therapy. He met another lady who was just walking down the hall and slipped on a tile floor. She broke her neck and is trying to regain the use of her hands and legs. It definitely puts things into perspective, I will forever be thankful for all the little things we take for granted every day.
(Going to lunch in the Cafeteria with mom and Tom)
(J playing with William...William spit up everywhere shortly after the picture)
No comments:
Post a Comment