Monday, October 6, 2008

Knick Family Update

We survived Hurricane Ike, the picture above is William surveying the damage after the storm. We were without power for 16 days. We went to Rockport for a few days and then went to my mom's house for the majority of the time. It worked out perfectly because they were still in Minnesota, so we took over the whole house. My sister and her family were there too. It was so nice when we finally came home last Monday. Although I came down with some kind of cold/virus/allergy thing that I fought all last week, but am now feeling much better. I am looking forward to getting back into our little routine and just enjoying being home!

William turned 10 months old during our hurricane hiatus. He is pulling up on everything and constantly opening all of the cabinets. He also crawls everywhere and is a very busy bee. He loves to eat and likes pretty much everything I give him. He says Da-Da all of the time and sometimes Ma-Ma.


Jonathan went to the Texas A&M vs. Miami game a few weeks ago. Our friends Kim and Chris had two extra tickets so Chris invited Clay (brother-in-law) and Jonathan to the game. Excited doesn't even begin to describe Jonathan when he found out he had a ticket to the game. Clay is a member of the Letterman's Club, so they got to hang out in there before the game. It was a nice break for Jonathan from all the hurricane stuff.

Well, I think that hits all of the high points. We didn't have any damage from the hurricane, although it sounded like our house was getting ripped to shreds when it went over. We are just so glad to be home!

No comments: