William is a little confused about reindeer. He thinks they are cows and if you ask him what a reindeer says, he answers with "Moo." I'm not real sure what a reindeer says, so it's a little hard to correct him.
The other day we were in the car and I asked him what Santa says. William looked puzzled and said, "Oink, oink?" We have been working on saying, "Ho, Ho, Ho" and now he finally has it down.
I have also tried to explain the Christmas story to him a couple of times, but he doesn't seem to get it. He has a little nativity that I thought he might play with, but I caught him putting baby Jesus in his mouth and the rest of the figures were thrown around the play room. I had to confiscate the nativity and put it away until next year.
Ornaments are another source of confusion. William was under the impression that they were shiny balls. He threw one which was plastic and bounced on the floor. We reprimanded him and told him no touching the tree. Then I heard a loud crash and he had taken a glass ornament and thrown it on the tile floor in the kitchen. He got in big trouble for that one and finally learned that ornaments are not balls to play with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment