It was great getting to hold and cuddle a sweet little baby and then give her back to her mom when she started crying. We flew in late Thursday night and then spent Friday just hanging out and catching up. It's so much fun hanging out with old friends, it's like nothing has changed.
Saturday we hit up the world famous Lexington Bar-B-Que Festival. We got a lesson in North Carolina BBQ...BBQ in NC is only pork, they serve it as pulled pork with cole slaw on top in a bun. Fun Fact: West NC makes ketchup based BBQ sauce and East NC makes vinegar based BBQ sauce. The food was really great, I also had my first fried Oreo and fried Reese's...mmmmm! Mia was a huge trooper. We then flew home on Sunday.
Jonathan wins the Dad of the Year Award. He stayed home with the boys by himself for three days while I was gone!! He did a really great job, I was so proud of him. I did leave him 3 pages of instructions and meal options, he kept telling me to set him up for success.
Funny Story: While I was gone Jonathan took the boys to church on Sunday by himself. I was super impressed as were all of the church ladies. He didn't know that I usually pack a bottle for Logan to drink during his stay in the nursery, so I guess the nursery workers gave him a sippy cup and snack to hold him over. Well, the sippy cup spilled all over Logan. When Jonathan went to pick him up after church, all he had on was a diaper and shoes! Jonathan said he got the funniest looks as he walked through church to the car carrying a baby only wearing shoes.
Another Funny Story: Sunday night when I came home William had some major tummy issues. I started asking Jonathan if he had any symptoms of a virus and he said no it was probably just a long weekend. Then William spoke up, "Yeah, we ate Chick-Fil-A, McDonald's and donuts!" He was better after a few days.
Here are some pics from my trip...
No comments:
Post a Comment