Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Bunny Update

And the Easter Bunny saga continues....

Since William seems so into the Easter Bunny this year, I thought it would be fun for him to go see the Easter Bunny at the mall. Every night when William goes to bed he asks what we are doing the next day. Last week I got my excited voice on and said, "We are going to the mall to see the Easter Bunny!!" I expected an equally enthusiastic response, but what I got was sheer terror. His eyes got big and he said, "No, no, please don't make me sit on the Easter Bunny's lap. I don't want to see the Easter Bunny!" After some discussion, we decided we would still go and just wave at the Easter Bunny.

The whole way to the mall William kept saying, "I don't want to sit on his lap, I don't want to sit on his lap." We made it to the mall and William and Logan waved at the Easter Bunny. After seeing the mall Easter Bunny, William was even more adamant that he didn't want to sit on his lap. I have to admit there is something very creepy about the mall Easter Bunny. I can't really put my finger on it, but he just looks like you can't trust him.

I wanted to get the kids each a little present from the Easter Bunny, so I have been fishing to see what they really want. William has been talking about wanting a Pillow Pal, but I hate to buy a stuffed animal that will end up in the closet. Now that you have some of the back story, here is our Easter Bunny conversation...


Me: William, you know the Easter Bunny sometimes leaves a little present for you. Do you think you still really want him to bring a Pillow Pal?

William: Sure, but how is he going to carry a Pillow Pal.

Me: Under his arm or on his back

William: But doesn't he have to carry a bunch of eggs?

Me: Well, he has magic, so he makes it all work out. (I think he's on to me, my answer for everything seems to be magic)

William: Do we leave cookies for the Easter Bunny?

Me: Sure, we can make him some cookies. I bet he would love that.

William: But how does he eat the cookies?

Me: Like he eats everything else, he's a rabbit so he eats grass and all sorts of things. (I demonstrated with my best bunny face and paws)

William: But his mouth doesn't open.

Me: What do you mean, of course his mouth opens!

William: No Mommy, I watched the Easter Bunny at the mall and his mouth doesn't open. He just always smiles, it doesn't move. (maybe that's why he looks so creepy)

Me: Um...well... the mall Easter Bunny isn't the real Easter Bunny. He's just a friend of the Easter Bunny. The real Easter Bunny is too busy getting all the eggs ready, he doesn't have time to visit malls. Don't worry, the real Easter Bunny looks like a regular rabbit, just bigger.


I could tell William was thinking it all over, I'm not sure if he bought it. Basically my great idea to take the kids to see the Easter Bunny at the mall backfired and only brought more questions I don't have answers for. I'm really worried about next year when he's a little older and wiser. William is already poking holes in all my answers. Curse you mall Easter Bunny and your permanent grin.

On a side note, Logan loved the mall Easter Bunny. He couldn't get enough of him. Go figure!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Meredith, this is so funny! I was reading your conversations with William to Isaiah in the car the other day and we were both just cracking up. That boy is too smart...he's going to bust you very soon! :)