Well, the next morning his lip was about 4 times it's normal size, his gums were still bleeding a little and his tooth was loose. I called the dentist and told the hygienist what happened. She pulled his chart and asked me if it was the front tooth that was already dead. I said, no...it was the good tooth. She just laughed and said it probably wasn't good anymore (not really that funny). She also said to keep an eye on it for a week and that the gums would probably tighten the tooth back up. She reassured me that all they can do for little kids is pull the tooth. She said to try to keep ice on his lip and give him Tylenol for the pain.
Trying to get William to put ice on his lip proved to be impossible so I decided to go with popsicles. The highs this week have been in the upper 90's...what happened to our nice spring weather? So we have been enjoying popsicles in the afternoon the past few days to help with William's lip and to beat the heat.
William's mouth is starting to look better now, praise the Lord. He looked pretty scary at first with his mouth all messed up...poor guy!
Side Note: That dead patch of grass William is standing on is where he hits his golf balls. My dad gave him real metal golf clubs for Christmas and he loves them. I finally gave up and just let the grass die.
2 comments:
Poor little William! I'm glad the popsicles seemed to help...don't they always?!?! And the pic of Baby Logie with the yogurt in his hair is priceless! I think I would have had a panic attack, but nonetheless... Glad y'all are off to a good summer! :)
uh oh...busted for our phone time!!:) i will vouch for you and say you were a very responsive mom with popsicles already on the brain.
Post a Comment