Someone should have warned me about almost 4 year old little girls...they are trouble!
Hand Holding:
Last week I went to pick up William from preschool and happened to get there a little early. They were still finishing up story time so I just peaked into the window to look for William. I could see him sitting in the back next to our Pediatrician's daughter, Claire. As I watched, Claire kept messing with William. She was hugging on him, putting her arm on his back and then tried to hold his hand. William was intently listening to the story and seemed completely oblivious to Claire's advances. Claire's mom had told me before that she really likes William, but I had no idea she would try to hit on him during story time! I wanted so badly to tap on the window and say, "Stop that, leave him alone!!" When we got in the car, I asked William what Claire was doing. He just said, "I don't know, she kept trying to lay on my back or something." I tried to just let it go and not make a big deal about it, so I kept my mouth shut but inside I was yelling..."you tell her to step off next time and you are too young for holding hands!"
Prince William:
After I dropped William off at school today, one of the moms in his class stopped me in the hall. She said her daughter, Maggie, has been telling everyone that for Halloween she is going to dress up as a princess and William is going to dress up as her prince. We laughed about it and she told me how she had to tell Maggie that you can't pick somebody's Halloween costume for them. I told her that William has his heart set on being Iron Man for Halloween, not a prince. Poor Maggie will have to find another prince somewhere else.
Oh, Snap!:
Last week at gymnastics, I was talking to another mom from preschool while William and Logan were dancing around waiting for class to start. William was super excited (he physically cannot contain himself when he reaches a certain level of excitement) about gymnastics which translated into some kind of wild karate/dance hybrid with violent hand motions. A little girl from his preschool, Sofia, sat on the bench watching him. She then said, "You're Silly William!" It wasn't what she said that got to me, but how she said it. She had a very mean, demeaning, snobby tone to her voice. Before I could give her my best angry mom glare, William looked her square in the eye and confidently said, "No I'm not, I'm COOL!" She quipped back in the same mean tone, "Well you're silly cool." William not missing a beat said, "No, just cool...Sofia." That shut her up and he just kept on dancing. I was cheering inside, I was so proud he stuck up for himself and never said anything mean to her. Later in the car, I told William how proud of him I was for how he handled it. His answer..."Well, I am cool." Like his coolness is a fact everyone should automatically know about. I hope and pray he always carries that confidence with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good job for William! I hope this hand holding, snobbery business isn't in our future. :(
Post a Comment